I didn’t even have a chance to prepare a Halifax favourites post before actually leaving Halifax – too busy wrapping up school & jobs. As time consuming as that was, I’m now done, back in lovely Ottawa, and have the time to share a few of my favourite spots in Halifax.
What’re your favourites? I’m sure there are many places I didn’t even get a chance to try, as my time there flew by so quickly!
- Ace Burger (@aceburgerco) – the classic & deluxe – such a busy place, you’re lucky if you get a seat!
- Sugah (@SugahHFX) – blueberry ice cream with fog burner coffee mix-in – zillions of combos available
- Tom’s Little Havana (@TomsHavana) – scotch night & cards – what beats drinks, eats & games? Also, this used to be a cigar bar, making it even more fantastic!
- Two if by Sea (@Twoifbyseacafe) – croissants beyond belief – both in Halifax & Dartmouth
- Propeller (@PropellerBeer) & Garrison (@GarrisonBrewing) – local seasonal & standard brews, as well as growlers (best deal)
- Hamachi Kita (@HamachiHouse) – salmon & tuna maki with tempura (yes!) & lots of other fresh options
- Julien’s Bakery (@JuliensHydro) – the most delicious almond croissants, brioche & café
- Charlie’s Club – cheapest pool in town
Some photo creds to Kevin James