Green tea shortbread creatures
The only treats I’ve ever baked with green tea were these grapefruit cupcakes with green tea frosting. I’ve really no idea why I haven’t experimented with green tea powder since, but I’m sure glad I tried it again.
I decided to test out this recipe, with the only substitution being that I used regular green tea powder instead of matcha green tea. Matcha can be a bit hard to come by in local shops / is more expensive, but the alternative I used produced very similar results and the flavour is A+.
I’ve only ever attempted shortbread once, and with it being such a miserable fail I hadn’t tried since. This recipe, however, was *super* easy, has only six ingredients, and was easy to roll out and rework.
Pass it on:
- RT @smittenkitchen: Raspberries, peaches and vanilla ice cream marbled into popsicles that are like the highest calling of a creamsicle: ht… 2 weeks ago
- RT @smittenkitchen: New: Strawberries, black pepper, lime, and tequila muddle deliciously in one of my favorite cocktails of all time: http… 1 month ago
- RT @apt613: Opening day essentials. ⚾@Come out tonight and see the @OttawaChampions raise their championship banner! Details: https://t.co/… 2 months ago
- RT @SpoonForkBacon: Very into this Green Spring Breakfast by @bevcooks 💚💚💚 bevcooks.com/2017/03/green-… spoonforkbacon.com/2016/02/savory… 2 months ago
- RT @smittenkitchen: Be warned: nobody ever makes eggs poached in spicy tomato sauce then showered with feta and herbs just once: https://t.… 3 months ago