Green tea shortbread creatures
The only treats I’ve ever baked with green tea were these grapefruit cupcakes with green tea frosting. I’ve really no idea why I haven’t experimented with green tea powder since, but I’m sure glad I tried it again.
I decided to test out this recipe, with the only substitution being that I used regular green tea powder instead of matcha green tea. Matcha can be a bit hard to come by in local shops / is more expensive, but the alternative I used produced very similar results and the flavour is A+.
I’ve only ever attempted shortbread once, and with it being such a miserable fail I hadn’t tried since. This recipe, however, was *super* easy, has only six ingredients, and was easy to roll out and rework.
Pass it on:
- RT @smittenkitchen: Humble leftover mashed potatoes, raised to their most golden, crisp-edged flavorful calling are as welcome with an egg… 4 days ago
- RT @TorrensJonathan: If you’re ever feeling down, do a google image search for frogs. Those bulbous-eyed Mafsks have a lot of love to give.… 3 weeks ago
- @Coleman811 Think of the pie at the end of the tunnel. 1 month ago
- RT @smittenkitchen: Raspberries, peaches and vanilla ice cream marbled into popsicles that are like the highest calling of a creamsicle: ht… 7 months ago
- RT @smittenkitchen: New: Strawberries, black pepper, lime, and tequila muddle deliciously in one of my favorite cocktails of all time: http… 8 months ago