Oatmeal raisin cookies
For some reason I had it in my head that oatmeal raisin cookies were on the slightly more healthy side, at least compared to chocolate chip cookies. That’s not so much the case, but these cookies are still one of my favourites. I haven’t made them in probably two years, and when I realized that I found the opportunity pretty quickly to make them again.
Here’s what you’ll need:
1/2 cup butter, softened
1/2 cup brown sugar
1/2 cup white sugar
1 tsp vanilla
1/2 tsp salt
1/2 tsp baking powder
1 cup rolled oats
3/4 cup all-purpose flour
1/2 tsp cinnamon
Lots of raisins
Mix softened butter and sugars, add egg and vanilla. Mix dry ingredients, then add them to the wet. Add raisins.
Bake at 350F for 8-10 minutes.
These cookies are absolutely delicious and chewy. The best cookies are chewy, I think.
Pass it on:
- RT @smittenkitchen: Raspberries, peaches and vanilla ice cream marbled into popsicles that are like the highest calling of a creamsicle: ht… 2 months ago
- RT @smittenkitchen: New: Strawberries, black pepper, lime, and tequila muddle deliciously in one of my favorite cocktails of all time: http… 3 months ago
- RT @apt613: Opening day essentials. ⚾@Come out tonight and see the @OttawaChampions raise their championship banner! Details: https://t.co/… 4 months ago
- RT @SpoonForkBacon: Very into this Green Spring Breakfast by @bevcooks 💚💚💚 bevcooks.com/2017/03/green-… spoonforkbacon.com/2016/02/savory… 5 months ago
- RT @smittenkitchen: Be warned: nobody ever makes eggs poached in spicy tomato sauce then showered with feta and herbs just once: https://t.… 5 months ago