Recipe for the best chocolate chip cookies
I had posted about cookies before, I didn’t include any recipe for you to follow!! So, since I made these classic cookies (I’m big on the classic recipes lately, eh) I thought I’d post again and include the super simple directions.
This recipe is great because you can swap out / add in any kind of chips / bits / candy / etc. Fancy some M&Ms in there? Mini fudge chocolate chips? Peanut butter chips? Mini eggs…?! Wow. Ok. On to the recipe before I get too carried away…
3/4 cup butter, softened
1 1/4 cup brown sugar
2 tbs milk
2 tsp vanilla
1 1/2 cups flour
1 tsp salt
3/4 tsp baking soda
+ as many chips as you want! (don’t get too carried away – aka use less than a bag)
How it’s done:
Cream the shortening and brown sugar together. Add egg, milk, and vanilla. Mix.
Mix together the dry ingredients in a separate bowl, then mix it into the first bowl. Stir in the chocolate chips!
Try not to eat too much of the cookie dough.
Bake at 350F for ~ 8 minutes.
TIP: If you like soft cookies, take them out of the oven when the edges get slightly brown. They cook quickly, so keep an eye.
Pass it on:
- RT @smittenkitchen: Humble leftover mashed potatoes, raised to their most golden, crisp-edged flavorful calling are as welcome with an egg… 1 month ago
- RT @TorrensJonathan: If you’re ever feeling down, do a google image search for frogs. Those bulbous-eyed Mafsks have a lot of love to give.… 1 month ago
- @Coleman811 Think of the pie at the end of the tunnel. 2 months ago
- RT @smittenkitchen: Raspberries, peaches and vanilla ice cream marbled into popsicles that are like the highest calling of a creamsicle: ht… 8 months ago
- RT @smittenkitchen: New: Strawberries, black pepper, lime, and tequila muddle deliciously in one of my favorite cocktails of all time: http… 9 months ago