Recipe for the best chocolate chip cookies
I had posted about cookies before, I didn’t include any recipe for you to follow!! So, since I made these classic cookies (I’m big on the classic recipes lately, eh) I thought I’d post again and include the super simple directions.
This recipe is great because you can swap out / add in any kind of chips / bits / candy / etc. Fancy some M&Ms in there? Mini fudge chocolate chips? Peanut butter chips? Mini eggs…?! Wow. Ok. On to the recipe before I get too carried away…
3/4 cup butter, softened
1 1/4 cup brown sugar
2 tbs milk
2 tsp vanilla
1 1/2 cups flour
1 tsp salt
3/4 tsp baking soda
+ as many chips as you want! (don’t get too carried away – aka use less than a bag)
How it’s done:
Cream the shortening and brown sugar together. Add egg, milk, and vanilla. Mix.
Mix together the dry ingredients in a separate bowl, then mix it into the first bowl. Stir in the chocolate chips!
Try not to eat too much of the cookie dough.
Bake at 350F for ~ 8 minutes.
TIP: If you like soft cookies, take them out of the oven when the edges get slightly brown. They cook quickly, so keep an eye.
Pass it on:
- My dream: cheesecake with charred rhubarb compote & sliced strawberries saveur.com/article/recipe… 11 hours ago
- RT @SpoonForkBacon: Pull Apart Pizza Bread is up today! 🔥🍕🔥 spoonforkbacon.com/2017/03/pull-a… https://t.co/4db7AX5F8n 2 days ago
- RT @Food52: The ultimate chocolate chip cookie showdown! Two classic recipes: Which is right for you? f52.co/1PPGbS2 https://t.co/… 2 weeks ago
- @ByTowne isn't it animated shorts at 6:55? Just want to confirm! 1 month ago
- @cbcallinaday @SteveClarkPC wonderful news!! 1 month ago