Recipe for the best chocolate chip cookies
I had posted about cookies before, I didn’t include any recipe for you to follow!! So, since I made these classic cookies (I’m big on the classic recipes lately, eh) I thought I’d post again and include the super simple directions.
This recipe is great because you can swap out / add in any kind of chips / bits / candy / etc. Fancy some M&Ms in there? Mini fudge chocolate chips? Peanut butter chips? Mini eggs…?! Wow. Ok. On to the recipe before I get too carried away…
3/4 cup butter, softened
1 1/4 cup brown sugar
2 tbs milk
2 tsp vanilla
1 1/2 cups flour
1 tsp salt
3/4 tsp baking soda
+ as many chips as you want! (don’t get too carried away – aka use less than a bag)
How it’s done:
Cream the shortening and brown sugar together. Add egg, milk, and vanilla. Mix.
Mix together the dry ingredients in a separate bowl, then mix it into the first bowl. Stir in the chocolate chips!
Try not to eat too much of the cookie dough.
Bake at 350F for ~ 8 minutes.
TIP: If you like soft cookies, take them out of the oven when the edges get slightly brown. They cook quickly, so keep an eye.
Pass it on:
- RT @apt613: Opening day essentials. ⚾@Come out tonight and see the @OttawaChampions raise their championship banner! Details: https://t.co/… 1 week ago
- RT @SpoonForkBacon: Very into this Green Spring Breakfast by @bevcooks 💚💚💚 bevcooks.com/2017/03/green-… spoonforkbacon.com/2016/02/savory… 1 month ago
- RT @smittenkitchen: Be warned: nobody ever makes eggs poached in spicy tomato sauce then showered with feta and herbs just once: https://t.… 1 month ago
- RT @smittenkitchen: Alice Medrich says that cocoa brownies have the softest center and chewiest candylike top "crust" of all: https://t.co/… 1 month ago
- My dream: cheesecake with charred rhubarb compote & sliced strawberries saveur.com/article/recipe… 1 month ago