Peanut butter cookies – great for fall or any time, really
For some odd reason I’ve always loved peanut butter cookies, but the same hasn’t been true for peanut butter. Not sure why or how that is, but over the past few years I’ve slowly worked peanut butter into my life. Going back through some of my previous blog posts, I noticed that I’ve actually been incorporating peanut butter into a variety of recipes. You can check out the posts and recipes for: peanut butter cups, peanut butter banana muffins and chocolate chip cookies with peanut butter chips.
Here’s what you’ll need to make classic, delicious peanut butter cookies:
3/4 cup peanut butter
1/2 cup shortening
1 1/4 cups firmly packed brown sugar
3 tablespoons milk
2 teaspoons vanilla
1 3/4 cups flour
3/4 teaspoon salt
3/4 teaspoon baking soda
To make the cookies, follow these simple directions:
Cream peanut butter and shortening together. Add brown sugar and mix well. Next, add the egg, milk, and vanilla, mixing after each addition. Combine the dry ingredients together and add them to the wet ingredients. Bake 350C for 7-8 minutes.
I’m not sure why, but I’ve always done the squish-the-cookie-with-a-fork technique on my peanut butter cookies (and only on my peanut butter cookies). My mom always used to do that, so it’s pretty much not complete without it. From the picture, it’s obvious that I added an extra something to the cookies. I couldn’t resist adding white chocolate chips, and they actually go really well with the peanut butter.
Pass it on:
- My dream: cheesecake with charred rhubarb compote & sliced strawberries saveur.com/article/recipe… 11 hours ago
- RT @SpoonForkBacon: Pull Apart Pizza Bread is up today! 🔥🍕🔥 spoonforkbacon.com/2017/03/pull-a… https://t.co/4db7AX5F8n 2 days ago
- RT @Food52: The ultimate chocolate chip cookie showdown! Two classic recipes: Which is right for you? f52.co/1PPGbS2 https://t.co/… 2 weeks ago
- @ByTowne isn't it animated shorts at 6:55? Just want to confirm! 1 month ago
- @cbcallinaday @SteveClarkPC wonderful news!! 1 month ago