DIY button earrings
I’m starting simple – button earrings. Because all the buttons I’m using are recycled (aka from a basket of buttons given to me by my grandma…), it’s taken a while to sort through them, find matching pairs and make combinations that work well together. Nonetheless, I’ve got the first 10 pairs picked out and they’re ready for assembly. I bought some earring clasps – the kind with the flat surface, not the dangle-y kind. Deciding the best way to hold everything together, I was first thinking of just using hot glue, but I wanted to make sure that they’d stay together and last for a long while. I settled on sewing them. I placed the earring clasp through a hole in the larger button, placed a small circle of similar-coloured fabric on top to cover the silver, then put the smaller button on top. I sewed through three of the four holes to make everything stay together and BAM! You have an earring… repeat, repeat, repeat. Once you get started it goes pretty quickly and I’m happy with how they’re turning out so far.
Pass it on:
- RT @smittenkitchen: Raspberries, peaches and vanilla ice cream marbled into popsicles that are like the highest calling of a creamsicle: ht… 2 months ago
- RT @smittenkitchen: New: Strawberries, black pepper, lime, and tequila muddle deliciously in one of my favorite cocktails of all time: http… 3 months ago
- RT @apt613: Opening day essentials. ⚾@Come out tonight and see the @OttawaChampions raise their championship banner! Details: https://t.co/… 4 months ago
- RT @SpoonForkBacon: Very into this Green Spring Breakfast by @bevcooks 💚💚💚 bevcooks.com/2017/03/green-… spoonforkbacon.com/2016/02/savory… 5 months ago
- RT @smittenkitchen: Be warned: nobody ever makes eggs poached in spicy tomato sauce then showered with feta and herbs just once: https://t.… 5 months ago