DIY button earrings
I’m starting simple – button earrings. Because all the buttons I’m using are recycled (aka from a basket of buttons given to me by my grandma…), it’s taken a while to sort through them, find matching pairs and make combinations that work well together. Nonetheless, I’ve got the first 10 pairs picked out and they’re ready for assembly. I bought some earring clasps – the kind with the flat surface, not the dangle-y kind. Deciding the best way to hold everything together, I was first thinking of just using hot glue, but I wanted to make sure that they’d stay together and last for a long while. I settled on sewing them. I placed the earring clasp through a hole in the larger button, placed a small circle of similar-coloured fabric on top to cover the silver, then put the smaller button on top. I sewed through three of the four holes to make everything stay together and BAM! You have an earring… repeat, repeat, repeat. Once you get started it goes pretty quickly and I’m happy with how they’re turning out so far.
Pass it on:
- My dream: cheesecake with charred rhubarb compote & sliced strawberries saveur.com/article/recipe… 11 hours ago
- RT @SpoonForkBacon: Pull Apart Pizza Bread is up today! 🔥🍕🔥 spoonforkbacon.com/2017/03/pull-a… https://t.co/4db7AX5F8n 2 days ago
- RT @Food52: The ultimate chocolate chip cookie showdown! Two classic recipes: Which is right for you? f52.co/1PPGbS2 https://t.co/… 2 weeks ago
- @ByTowne isn't it animated shorts at 6:55? Just want to confirm! 1 month ago
- @cbcallinaday @SteveClarkPC wonderful news!! 1 month ago