You can’t go wrong with a breakfast burrito
A few weeks ago I (finally) had the brilliant to make breakfast burritos. I don’t know why I hadn’t thought of making these before… What could be better for breakfast? Sure the classic yogurt and muesli is one of my all-time favourites, but a breakfast burrito is just so delicious. Intrigued? Want to make one this weekend? Here’s how…
1 sausage (chorizo or merguez)
1 medium potato
Some diced pepper
Some diced onion
- Dice the potato into cubes of about 1/2 inch and boil them
- Remove the sausage contents from its casing and start cooking it up in a frying pan
- While these two items are cooking dice up the pepper and onion and grate the cheese
- Once the potato is done boiling, strain and add them to the frying pan with the cooked sausage
- Add the diced peppers and onions once the potatoes have crisped up a bit
- In another pan, or in one side of the sausage pan, cooked up 2-3 scrambled eggs depending on how many servings you want
- Finally add the egg and the sausage-potato-pepper-onion melange to the middle of a tortilla
- Add cheese and salsa to your preference, fold and enjoy!
If you have extra sausage-potato-pepper-onion mixture, save it for breakfast the next day with a freshly scrambled egg. It might also add extra deliciousness to crisp up your burrito in the oven for a few minutes.