Chocolate chip cookies with mini peanut butter cups
Chocolate chip cookies are an obvious classic, but everyone’s recipe tastes and looks different. I made some chocolate chip cookies this week – it’s been a while since I’ve been making so many cupcakes lately – and I added mini peanut butter cups, in addition to milk chocolate chips, for some extra special deliciousness. I usually try, as I should with all things being baked, to be extra careful with how long these cookies stay in the oven. As soon as you seen a golden brown around the edges, they are ready to take out! This is just my preference, though. My other half prefers cookies to be crumbly rather than chewy.
I also tried a few things different with this recipe. I used dark brown sugar, instead of light. And for the part that calls for vanilla extract, I used a 1:1 mixture of vanilla bean paste and vanilla extract.
I’m not sure what I’d classify as my favourite cookie, though. I do love peanut butter quite a bit… And I do love white chocolate…
Pass it on:
- RT @apt613: Opening day essentials. ⚾@Come out tonight and see the @OttawaChampions raise their championship banner! Details: https://t.co/… 1 week ago
- RT @SpoonForkBacon: Very into this Green Spring Breakfast by @bevcooks 💚💚💚 bevcooks.com/2017/03/green-… spoonforkbacon.com/2016/02/savory… 1 month ago
- RT @smittenkitchen: Be warned: nobody ever makes eggs poached in spicy tomato sauce then showered with feta and herbs just once: https://t.… 1 month ago
- RT @smittenkitchen: Alice Medrich says that cocoa brownies have the softest center and chewiest candylike top "crust" of all: https://t.co/… 1 month ago
- My dream: cheesecake with charred rhubarb compote & sliced strawberries saveur.com/article/recipe… 1 month ago