Chocolate chip cookies with mini peanut butter cups
Chocolate chip cookies are an obvious classic, but everyone’s recipe tastes and looks different. I made some chocolate chip cookies this week – it’s been a while since I’ve been making so many cupcakes lately – and I added mini peanut butter cups, in addition to milk chocolate chips, for some extra special deliciousness. I usually try, as I should with all things being baked, to be extra careful with how long these cookies stay in the oven. As soon as you seen a golden brown around the edges, they are ready to take out! This is just my preference, though. My other half prefers cookies to be crumbly rather than chewy.
I also tried a few things different with this recipe. I used dark brown sugar, instead of light. And for the part that calls for vanilla extract, I used a 1:1 mixture of vanilla bean paste and vanilla extract.
I’m not sure what I’d classify as my favourite cookie, though. I do love peanut butter quite a bit… And I do love white chocolate…
Pass it on:
- My dream: cheesecake with charred rhubarb compote & sliced strawberries saveur.com/article/recipe… 11 hours ago
- RT @SpoonForkBacon: Pull Apart Pizza Bread is up today! 🔥🍕🔥 spoonforkbacon.com/2017/03/pull-a… https://t.co/4db7AX5F8n 2 days ago
- RT @Food52: The ultimate chocolate chip cookie showdown! Two classic recipes: Which is right for you? f52.co/1PPGbS2 https://t.co/… 2 weeks ago
- @ByTowne isn't it animated shorts at 6:55? Just want to confirm! 1 month ago
- @cbcallinaday @SteveClarkPC wonderful news!! 1 month ago