Chocolate chip cookies with mini peanut butter cups
Chocolate chip cookies are an obvious classic, but everyone’s recipe tastes and looks different. I made some chocolate chip cookies this week – it’s been a while since I’ve been making so many cupcakes lately – and I added mini peanut butter cups, in addition to milk chocolate chips, for some extra special deliciousness. I usually try, as I should with all things being baked, to be extra careful with how long these cookies stay in the oven. As soon as you seen a golden brown around the edges, they are ready to take out! This is just my preference, though. My other half prefers cookies to be crumbly rather than chewy.
I also tried a few things different with this recipe. I used dark brown sugar, instead of light. And for the part that calls for vanilla extract, I used a 1:1 mixture of vanilla bean paste and vanilla extract.
I’m not sure what I’d classify as my favourite cookie, though. I do love peanut butter quite a bit… And I do love white chocolate…
Pass it on:
- RT @smittenkitchen: Humble leftover mashed potatoes, raised to their most golden, crisp-edged flavorful calling are as welcome with an egg… 1 month ago
- RT @TorrensJonathan: If you’re ever feeling down, do a google image search for frogs. Those bulbous-eyed Mafsks have a lot of love to give.… 1 month ago
- @Coleman811 Think of the pie at the end of the tunnel. 2 months ago
- RT @smittenkitchen: Raspberries, peaches and vanilla ice cream marbled into popsicles that are like the highest calling of a creamsicle: ht… 8 months ago
- RT @smittenkitchen: New: Strawberries, black pepper, lime, and tequila muddle deliciously in one of my favorite cocktails of all time: http… 9 months ago